I have an MA in Composition and Rhetoric with a secondary focus in Creative Writing, so I have written plenty of fiction. Not all of it is published, but I’m getting closer now that I’m no longer teaching and have more time for my own writing.
As a writer, I tend toward fiction with a dark or horror bent. I find mental illness particuarly interesting since I suffer from depression and anxiety.
- “The Heap of Root and Stone” published in Georgia Gothic: Stories from the Dark Side of the Deep South, 2021
- “Appreciating Beauty” published in Slice Girls: Mocha Memoirs Presents Women in Horror Book 4, 2021
- “Collector” published in Nocturnal Embers, 2012
- “The Mortician’s Secret” published in Flesh & Bone: Rise of the Necromancers, 2010
- “Not Quite Nirvana” published finalist in Agnes Scott Writer’s Festival Magazine, 2006
- “All Roads Lead To” published in Georgia Gothic: Stories from the Dark Side of the Deep South, 2021